Florida's state library web services
A new report entitled Public Libraries and the Internet 2006 has been issued by Florida State University's Information Use Management and Policy Institute. The findings indicate that public libraries have increased their response to public inquiries for government information with or without funding for the service. A number of interesting appendices to the report list state library initiatives to meet the needs of the public.
- Appendix 6: State Library Supported Electronic Libraries (e.g. Florida Electronic Library)
- Appendix 8B: Examples of State Library Union Catalogs (e.g. FloridaCat)
- Appendix 8D: Examples of State Library Federated Search Sites (e.g. Florida uses MetaLib library portal from Ex Libris)
- Appendix 8E: Examples of State Library Digital Collections (e.g. Florida Memory Project)
- Appendix 8F: Examples of State Libraries with State Government Information Sites (e.g. Florida Government Information Locator Service and the Florida Government Electronic Rulemaking system)